Monday, July 13, 2015

BOOK TAG MEME - Reading Habits


I was not tagged directly by Hazel at Hazy Reads, but she pleasantly opened the tagging to anyone so I'm taking it ;)

Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

I like to read anywhere on my phone app, but I think the two places I prefer are in bed before going to sleep, and on the couch in my day room/computer room/formal living room (I can't really pick just one name yet hehehe).

Bookmark or random piece of paper?
It it's my book, I dog ear. I know other people think it's a sign of a devil worshipper or worse, but I like the quick method that works for me. But for borrowed books or from the library, I just use random bits of paper though I have several lovely bookmarks that are sad because they are ignored.
Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/a certain amount of pages?
I can because I'm used to reading on the run, but I prefer to stop at chapter ends or other stops like that. When it's really good though, I have a much harder time trying to stop!
Do you eat or drink while reading?
Usually drinking tea or soda, but the more intensive the storyline, the more I forget until my tea is cold or soda is warm.
Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
I don't need silence, but I'm usually too lazy to set up background music. When I do (such as period music or maybe dub-step for dystopian novels) I really enjoy it. I can sometimes switch back and forth with TV, but I don't like losing my mind-film. 
One book at a time or several at once?
Many, but two distinctions. I have like eight-ten that I'm reading at the same time, but only in the sense that I haven't finished them and will pick up here and there. I have six that I'm more actively reading at the same time.
Reading at home or everywhere?
 Anywhere, but most comfortable at home so I won't be interrupted.
Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Always silently. I was one of those kids who hated reading out loud for two reasons. I didn't have the patience to read at everyone's out-loud pace and preferred to read ahead at my own, and I hated my voice. 
Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
I am not comfortable with spoiling things for myself, so I never got into the habit of reading the end of chapter or book. Rarely though, I will glance down the page when I'm happily anxious for something. Like a fight you know the character you like will win and you want to see that they do as they're throwing the first punch. But just a glance at keywords, because then I hurry back to read through it all.
Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
 Always a spine breaker. I regret nothing!
Do you write in your books?
Except for textbooks, not really. I would dog ear the bottom corner of a page if it's a good scene or maybe intro to a character I don't want to confuse, but nothing else. Doing a bit more of that with eBooks since with paperbacks I can vaguely flip and be like "I didn't mark it but I know the fight scene was about this many pages behind the middle half" and it's impossible for me to estimate that with an eBook. 
* * * * *
I shall be tagging:

Book Chatter
Tynga's Reviews
Girl Who Reads

and anybody else who would like to do these fun questions! Feel free to link on a reply to your post, or just pick your favorites to answer here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...