Wednesday, July 22, 2015

BOOK REVIEW - Ogden


Cory Abernathy http://www.twitter.com/Cory_Abernathy
Format: Kindle eBook (free - through readingdeals.com)
Dates Read: June 25-June 30

Official Synopsis: A seemingly routine accident investigation just outside of the small town of Ogden, IL, pulls Detective Desmond King into a tempest of terror. What Detective King discovers at that scene causes him to realize that something terrible is happening in Ogden and he must act quickly to prevent the town from destroying itself. When Detective King recognizes he has only a small chance left to save any of the 1,200 citizens of Ogden from each other, a new threat presents itself. One that promises to destroy not only the town itself, but everyone within.

I love me some zombies. Yet I haven’t read too many zombie books and I really wanted to read this one after the synopsis! The story is setup over only one night, with each section spaced apart and from very many different points of view. Definitely cool. The action in the beginning is pretty on par with what you’d want to see in any zombie film. There were also a few characters that were continued throughout, especially the detective who was realistic and likable. However, after a point it feels like the zombies were no longer an issue though the plot was still full of danger. The other characters weren’t as deep as Detective King, though a few of the main ones came close. I wanted to know more about them, and how their personalities might change how they saw things or solutions. The dogs were a good addition as others have said, but I wish they’d had a few more scenes or even parts told from their POVs. The end was all right, but not that satisfying. It was a fairly quick read though, and still fulfilled my zombie quota regardless. [I was provided with a complimentary copy of this book so I could give an honest review.]

Rating: 3 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I'm always looking for good zombie books to read that are not the norm.
    Hey sweetie! I just awarded and tagged you here for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is different compared to many, and it wasn't too long a read. Oh that is so kind of you, thank you! I will be working on that post after the weekend. Thanks again for thinking of me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...