I'm sure a lot of us download free romance novels to read because there are SO very many of them out there. And then the little guys breed like rabbits in our eReaders. Why don't we share our reviews/impressions so we can find the best ones to read?
1. Read a free romance book (this was started for legally free eBooks, but you can count anything gifted, borrowed, ARC, etc!)
2. Review it on your blog. If you can and it's still available, share the link to the free book.
3. Link back here by using the code below.
4. Leave your link to the specific blog post (NOT your main site) in a comment here or on the recent week's TF post.
5. Delight in reading reviews by real people who's likes/dislikes you can compare to and thus find a romance you most likely will enjoy :D
Jess Hayek - http://www.twitter.com/JessHayek69
Format: Kindle eBook (free at the moment) amazon
Dates Read: July 4
Official Blurb: Logan is a bear-shifter with a heart as big as his body and he's searching for a new mate.
Jenny wasn't expecting much when she finished work at the diner. Just another sad and lonely night alone in her cheap apartment. She definitely wasn't expecting Logan, a rich and handsome wanderer with the body of a god to be waiting for her outside.
As things heat up in Logan's cabin, can Jenny resist giving herself completely to this seductive man with a supernatural secret?
This sounded like it’d be so good, with some meaningful love and sexy bits. But alas, it feels like a first draft kind of outline. Everything moves fast, so fast that it feels ridiculously fake. The worst offense to me was Logan mentioning the idea of a family and Jenny suddenly wanting nothing more than to have this stranger’s babies. There’s very little suspense/thrill in the action or the sex scenes, and Jenny just accepts everything without A) thinking twice or B) being surprised. It was also very short, maybe 15-20 minutes roughly?
But if Hayek could take the time to develop her characters and make the heroes not so annoyingly perfect, and the heroines not so foolish, that’d be interesting. The sex could have been hot, but it was too rushed and only half of it was described. I might be curious about another book/series of Hayek’s to see if she got better, but I’d probably only get it if it was free.
Rating: 1 star