Wednesday, December 16, 2015

BOOK REVIEW - Confused (at the conference) [Chasing Cameron 1]


Author: Hanna Dare - 
Format: Kindle ebook. Free at the time on amazon.
Did it feel like a full novel:  Nope, it's part of a serial.
Cliffhanger: Semi since you know it's a serial.
Genre: m/m, business
Dates Read: Nov 21-23, 2015
Official Blurb: Cameron Prior knows himself pretty well – he’s quiet, unassuming… and straight. Just an ordinary guy. Chase Griffith is none of those things. At first Chase uses his good looks and arrogant smirk to show Cameron up at a work conference. Then he sets his sights on Cameron himself. Now Cameron is looking to prove something to himself and to Chase – but it may be that Cameron doesn’t know himself as well he thought. 

With a hotel room, an expensive bottle of Scotch, and two great-looking men, anything could happen. 

One Sentence: Enjoyable sex scene, but so darn short.

Full Review: I have such a love-hate of these serials/novellas that are several parts. I like something quick to read, but I don't want to buy 3-plus more parts. Maybe if the first part were free, and the others were bundled, it'd be more tempting to purchase. But knowing that I'm paying for what another full book might cost for each small bit? It's not all that intriguing.

However, despite that, I enjoyed reading this short bit. Cameron was intriguing though he wasn't all that personalized. Chase was a bit less, but of course has that arrogance that sometimes drives me crazy (in a bad way). Their sex was pretty hot though, really. Was it because it was a one-night stand kind of thing? No, I think it was Ms. Dare's talent. I'd love to read something plumper by her, but I don't think I will be buying the rest of this series, though part three sounds fascinating.

Rating: 3 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...