Wednesday, November 18, 2015

BOOK REVIEW - Her New Toy (#1)


Author: Margeaux Adler - 
Format: Kindle ebook. Free on amazon.
Did it feel like a full novel: no
Cliffhanger: no
Genre: erotica, BDSM, femdom
Dates Read: Oct 26, 2015
Official Blurb: Elyse isn’t a fan of blind dates, but agreeing to meet Rob is different. They share one important passion: female dominance in the bedroom.

Her last relationship ended when she told her ex about her interest in using a strap-on. Can Rob handle Elyse’s femdom desires?

One Sentence: Hot as a fantasy, but very short and too quick.

Full Review: I aspire to find a full and rich femdom story. Honestly even just a touch of powerplay where the male gets to play sub would be great. And Adler has written another story I enjoyed (Mastering Her Man), so I was really looking forward to this one.

But it was just... not enough, and it was aimed at a different direction than I'd hoped. This story felt faster than the previous one mentioned, especially because it seems to all take place after just a first date. At least the other the two characters were already dating and living together. If anything, this one feels more like just a fantasy, where there is no fumbling, no "oops, that's not what I meant", and no usage of their safeword. Let me start with that last part I think. So in the very beginning Elyse asks Rob to do something, and he hesitates, so she asks if that's a hard limit. I REALLY liked that! She didn't try to cajole or shame him, she just kinda said, "If this is something you're not cool with, let me know." At least that was how I took it. But then points for this were subtracted later when they get into some minor pain play (WITHOUT talking about it first), and she's now "I know what you like more than you do." 180 turn that just took me out of the story.

As for the first parts of my complaints, these two are really smooth, everything goes perfectly without a hitch. He's ordered to thank her for calling him a name and never once forgets (even in the throes of passion), and everything is just magically arousing for them both. Fantasy, see? A nice one, yes! But it's not what I was hoping for. 

So my search continues, though I do admit I will always return to Adler if there is something free, because her boys are so happy to belong to their ladies! And that is something I also think is very hard to find, so I appreciate it.

Rating: 2 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...