I'm sure a lot of us download free romance novels to read because there are SO very many of them out there. And then the little guys breed like rabbits in our eReaders. Why don't we share our reviews/impressions so we can find the best ones to read?
1. Read a free romance book (this was started for legally free eBooks, but you can count anything gifted, borrowed, ARC, etc!)
2. Review it on your blog. If you can and it's still available, share the link to the free book.
3. Link back here by using the code below.
4. Leave your link to the specific blog post (NOT your main site) in a comment on the recent week's TF post or via the linky.
5. Delight in reading reviews by real people who's likes/dislikes you can compare to and thus find a romance you most likely will enjoy :D
Author: Sam J.D. Hunt - http://www.sjdhunt.com
Format: Kindle ebook. Free at the time on amazon
Did it feel like a full novel: maybe a full novella
Genre: romance, erotica, pirates
Dates Read: Sept 1-2, 2015
Official Blurb: A dark pirate seeking redemption,
A lady seeking a way out,
Two lovers from different worlds fall in DEEP.
Through space and time, a Master pirate, Henry Morgan, captures Charlotte Smith and teaches her release through submission; his darkly erotic sensuality sets her free in ways she never could have dreamed.
Charlotte dreams of a life in the Caribbean during the Golden Age of Piracy, but when Captain Henry Morgan captures her on the beach one morning, her dreams and the reality of life with her troubled husband merge, crossing over into a suspenseful erotic adventure that changes all of their lives.
Captured by pirates, but she enjoyed it more than I expected from the beginning.
So yes, this is a captured fantasy-type story. But Charlotte was pretty into it from the beginning. Which has its upsides, I’m not into pure non-con. But at the same time... what’s the point of her being captured against her will if she’s OK with Henry doing all this stuff to her while threatening to kill her once he’s done? At least him I could see change from his initial thoughts to liking Charlotte and treating her differently. But she had nowhere to go for relationship development really.
The side characters were a little flat, even darling Scout (though he was my favorite) alas. The MFM scene wasn’t as good as it could have been, if only because the second fellow was so hurriedly introduced. The way the story switched over to... reality? Another dream? That was a bit awkward, especially how it all resolved. The sex was quite sexy in spite of this, so that’s a good reason to enjoy this short novel.
Rating: 3 stars