Tuesday, October 27, 2015

BOOK REVIEW - TUESDAY FLIRTATIONS - Forever Home: BBW Paranormal Shifter Romance (Sawtooth Shifters #1)

 

Author: Kristen Strassel - 
Format: Kindle ebook. Free at the time on amazon.
Did it feel like a full novel: not really, more like the first half
Cliffhanger: no
Genre: shifter romance
Dates Read: Oct 7, 2015
Official Blurb: Shadow Channing is in chains.

Pack rivalries have imprisoned his family beside their enemies. They're forced to fight for survival each month in a dog fighting ring. Shadow assures his brothers they'll escape, but to do so they must either team up with the rival pack that led them to their capture, or fight to the death for their freedom in front of a cheering crowd.

Trina is in recovery.

When rumors of dog fights start swirling around town, the owner of Forever Home Animal Shelter is determined to put a stop to them and bring the dogs to safety. Even when they turn out to be wolves. Trina knows that everyone deserves a second chance at life, especially after a car accident ripped hers away from her.

Shadow will do anything to repay Trina for saving his life, but soon he realizes he's not the only one who needs saving.

One Sentence: Damaged shifters have to help damaged ladies.

Full Review: I enjoyed the way the shifters really had a hard time in the beginning when they're captured. Their stress and desperation was quite realistic. Later when they're rescued, you see their rescuers are also hurt. But where it bugged me was that now the shifters are fine, willing to help their respective ladies. I like big strong men, but if you're hook is them being in trouble, why not keep them hurt a bit longer?

Otherwise it was OK. Trina wasn't useless, and Shadow wasn't an alphahole. At one part, it felt like he kinda subbed to her (wolf-style) while they're making love and it was beyond adorable, but then never happened again so I'm not sure if I just read to much into it. She's a BBW type, and though at the beginning I liked her "I'm busy leaning over and my rolls are hanging out, oh well losers watching" persona, but then once again falls into the "Oh he's so hot, I'm so fat, waah waah" mindset that irks me. Maybe these novels should be categorized as "insecure" and include plain girls, skinny girls, and of course drop dead gorgeous models because EVERYONE can be insecure. Label it BBW when the heroine is large and content, please. But I guess that's a tirade for another time.

I believe the next novel deals more with Shadow and Trina, even though they're already a couple? I guess having to figure out who the Big Bad is, being set up in this first story. I don't think I'd follow the series, but you never know. Sometimes i mull over things later and appreciate them better. 

Rating: 2 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...